Sunday, November 28, 2010

Week 12: November 28-December 4

The baby is now the size of a plum. The crown-to-rump length is now almost 2.5 inches and she weighs in at around 0.5 ounces. The digestive system is now capable of making contractions that push food through the bowels, food being the amniotic fluid surrounding the baby. The baby develops reflexes and the skin is very sensitive. The brain is fully formed and the baby can feel pain.

Sunday, November 28, 2010 ~ Today was another bad day although I'm thankful that Thanksgiving was one of my good days. Heck, I'm thankful that I'm having good days at all. I haven't eaten a whole lot today because the nausea hasn't really subsided in exchange for hunger like it usually does. Back to work tomorrow so I'm hoping I have a couple good days in a row. I'm not looking forward to being back on a schedule where I can't eat whenever I choose (haha, who am I kidding it's my body that does the choosing) and have to pack food for the entire day.

I'm really looking forward to our ultrasound a week from Tuesday. I need to see our little one again and have some joy! The good days are making me optimistic that I'm coming to the end of the nausea period but the bad days feel worse now that they are mixed in with good days. I think it's just disappointing when I have a bad day because I'm so optimistic when I have a good one.

This too shall pass!


Tuesday, November 30, 2010 ~ Two good days in a row! I did get sick yesterday morning but after that, I've been feeling relatively good. And we're so close to the end of the first trimester. I bought a scrapbook and have been saving it until the end of the first trimester. I can't wait to start filling it up with fun stuff!!! I think I'll get some pictures developed this week and start putting them in this weekend.

I have my yearly formal observation on Thursday and I'm really hoping that I'm feeling well.


Thursday, December 2, 2010 ~ Four days with very little nausea and counting! I'm almost afraid to post this. Hope I don't jinx myself. Despite minor pregnancy discomforts and inconveniences, I'm feeling pretty good and am looking forward to getting out of the house this weekend!!! Going to head to South Coast Plaza for some shopping and then to Sawdust Festival to check out my Mom's booth on Saturday. Hopefully I'll get some maternity pants at the mall. Looking forward to checking out Heidi Klum's line at Motherhood Maternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment