Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Husband is Wonderful

I'm a lucky girl. I knew when I met him that Dan was a rare gem and I have always said that, although I was worried my expectations grew unrealistically high as I got older, he far exceeded them and I could have never dreamed of a guy as great as he is. He continues to outdo himself even in the early stages of this pregnancy.

During my starving phase, Dan ran out to get food on a second's notice when I was instantly so hungry that I thought I would die. He has gone out to pick up dinner several times since then when I couldn't imagine eating anything but _____ (fill in the blank). Not that I've had cravings, more like aversions to almost everything on the planet. He has fended for himself when I've made plain pasta and baked chicken because I couldn't eat anything with flavor.

Normally we split the household chores 50/50 (which I am eternally greatful for). Lately it's been more like 90/10. Two weekends ago, Dan cleaned the entire house. I had told him that I wanted to take a Friday off to clean up around the house but felt that my nausea was worse when I was at home than at work, when my mind is off of it a bit more. He offered to clean the house so that I wouldn't have to worry about it. He scrubbed the shower and toilet, cleaned all of the counters in the kitchen and bathroom, etc, etc. Another chore that he's taken over that isn't the most fun is cleaning Emmers's litter. The doctor said I shouldn't do it and he gladly accepted the responsibility. Basically, he's picking up the slack everywhere around the house.

On top of all of that, he's been incredibly supportive and encouraging. He listens to me when I'm miserable with nausea and doesn't get annoyed, he is positive when I have fears that something might be going wrong, and he is so excited about having a baby!

He has also gotten more protective of me. He knows how tired I've been so when Emmers jumps on the bed or couch when I'm resting, he tries to shoe (how do you spell that?) her away so that she doesn't wake me up. I can only imagine that this protective instinct will grown stronger as my belly begins to grow.

Dan has been a bit more hesitant than me to share the news with people and I understand his reasoning. I can't wait for the time to come that he can start sharing the fun news with his friends because I know they will all be so happy for us.

This is one girl who is incredibly greatful for her husband!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Dan is a great guy I have to agree,and on top of that he's a great son-in-law!

    ReplyDelete