Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week 6: October 21-27

The baby is now the size of a sweet pea. The embryonic period has begun. The baby's early brain chambers are forming and the eyes are also beginning to form. Buds are beginning to form and develop into arms and legs in later weeks.

Saturday, October 23, 2010 ~ Let the nausea begin. Starting on Thursday, the first day of the sixth week, my starvation went away and the morning sickness kicked in. The morning is the worst, afternoons aren't great and in addition to the nausea I'm exhausted, and evenings are the best time. I'm super bloated. Today has been the worst day. I'm actually happier with the nausea than the constant hunger I was feeling. I just really hope I don't start throwing up!

I'm eating a lot of apples. Anything nut related makes me even more nauseated than normal. Dan kissed me goodnight after having trail mix and it made me queasy! My sense of smell is supersonic and anything with a strong smell, good or bad, has a negative effect on me.


Wednesday, October 27, 2010 ~ Stomach is all over the place. Mornings are still the worst. This morning I had an apple, saltines, and peppermint tea. One minute I'm queasy, the next I'm starving, then I have the worst heartburn I've ever experienced. The bloating isn't as bad. This is tough but I know it could be worse!

Finally going to satiate the craving for mashed potatoes tonight. Lunchmeat on soft, fluffy bread with mayo has sounded good and today a picture of a Kraft Singles grilled cheese had me swooning.

We're both very excited about the first ultrasound tomorrow. Hearing that little sweet pea's heartbeat is going to make everything worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment