Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week 5: October 14-20

The baby is the size of an apple seed. The plate that will become the heart has developed. The baby's brain, spinal cord, muscles, and bone formation are also beginning to form.

Friday, October 15, 2010 ~ I am surprisingly tired although I haven't been sleeping well so I'm not sure if the pregnancy is draining me or not. My breasts are still tender and I still have some minor pinching although not as much as last week. Lots of foods just don't sound good - I seem to be leaning towards bread products.

We had our first prenatal appointment yesterday. Dr. DiRocco did an annual exam and said that I definitely have a pregnant uterus! I was surprised that there were already changes and we were both excited to hear it. We went across the street for bloodwork. We'll get the bloodwork results in a week, have our first ultrasound in two weeks, and a check up in three weeks. We're both very excited for the first ultrasound!


Monday, October 18, 2010 ~ Ugh! I can't eat anything. Some of my favorite foods are now hard to choke down. The middle of the day seems to be the best time. In the morning I'm queasy and have the hardest time eating. This evening I'm only a little queasy and was able to eat a bean burrito and a piece of banana bread. I'm waiting for the starvation that I've been feeling at night to kick in on me.

I can't brush my tongue in the morning and am already uncomfortable laying on my back for any period of time. A few days ago I was tossing and turning in bed and was exhausted for a couple days. I've been sleeping on my side with pillows on either side and have been sleeping better.


Tuesday, October 19, 2010 ~ Doc's office called and left a message - said everything's normal! But they want to prescribe something? I'll call in the morning to find out. First time in as long as I can remember that I forgot/don't want Golden Spoon while watching The Biggest Loser on a Tuesday night. I'm now eating two dinners per night, one at 5 pm and the other around 8 or 9 pm. I wasn't sick this morning so I'm thinking it's a blood sugar thing.


Wednesday, October 20, 2010 ~ My numbers are all normal. In fact, my hCG is pretty stinkin' high! The doctor has me on a progesterone supplement for two weeks and the nurse said he puts everyone on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment