Sunday, November 7, 2010

Positive? Is it Really Positive?!


Saturday, October 9, 2010 ~ Somehow in my mind I knew that there was no chance I was pregnant this cycle. After four disappointing cycles and a lot of emotional stress at the beginning of this one, I decided to give my body more time than I had originally hoped and decided to just live my life. I signed up for a 5K and planned on running a 10K in November and December, knowing it would take a while to go from the 3-3.5 miles I'd been running back to the 6-8 miles I was running a few months earlier. I also started acupuncture to help me relax more through the process.

When I was a couple days late, I was sure that it was because of the acupuncture. Dan and I both wanted to wait a bit longer before I took a pregnancy test but I decided that I just wanted to see a negative result so that I wouldn't allow myself to get excited. I woke up to use the restroom at 6:40 am and decided to take the test. I was nervous about doing it correctly, even though it's probably one of the easiest things to do.

I was ready to wait the standard 2 minutes but it came up positive within seconds and I just couldn't believe it! I was utterly shocked! I walked into the bedroom where Dan was still sleeping and told him that I needed to turn the light on. I walked over and said, "I think you should look at this." He was still half asleep so I had to repeat myself before he heard me. I sat on the edge of the bed and gave him a kiss as my eyes filled with tears. I was so excited that I couldn't fall back asleep for the rest of the morning.

You might think I'm crazy, but I think Emmers knew long before Dan and me. She was hanging around, sunggling up to me a lot more than usual for at least a week before I tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment