Sunday, November 7, 2010

The First Announcements


I couldn't contain my initial excitement so I texted my Mom and Jessica a picture of the positive result right when I got it. I had a lot of fun talking to them a little later that morning, when normal people were awake. Dan and I discussed telling the rest of my family in person at our monthly family dinner the next day, Sunday, October 10.

But... we had a little Oktoberfest party at our house Saturday night. It was a last minute plan about a week ahead and we had discussed holding off until we knew if I was pregnant or not but we both agreed that there was no chance I was and decided to go for it. Kyle, Tracy, and Doug stuck around for a bit longer than everybody else after the party and the conversation switched to pregnancy when Tracy mentioned that their friends recently announced. I looked at Dan, gave him a little shrug, and said "We might as well tell them." I was excited but a little nervous to tell them so early.

The next day was Kyle's turn to host family dinner. The host house makes the main dish and everybody else brings a side. In addition to my contribution, I brought a hot dog bun with "BUN" written on it and snuck it in the oven before Dad & Bec arrived. When they got there, I told them that I brought them something special to eat and told them to look in the oven. I wanted to grab my camera and asked them to wait but Rebecca knew what was going on and told my Dad to open it. It took my Dad a minute to realize what was going on but when Rebecca got emotional, he figured it out. That day I took my 4 week picture. Obviously, there wasn't anything to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment