Sunday, December 5, 2010

Week 13: December 5-11




We are now a peach! And the baby is covered in peach fuzz, too. The baby is almost 3 in long and weighs about an ounce. The body is fully formed although the head is still disproportionately large. And fingerprints are formed! If the baby is a girl, she already has over 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Pretty amazing! Most say I am now at the beginning of the second trimester although some give it an additional week.

Sunday, December 5, 2010 ~ I feel like a new woman! I've had almost a full week with very little nausea. The second trimester headaches that I've read about started several days ago but compared to the nausea, they've been easy! Surprisingly, Tylenol, which is the only thing I can take, has helped considerably (I used to have to take Excedrin to make a dent in headaches). I've also read that a little bit of caffeine helps and my doctor has said a glass or two of coffee per day is fine. So far, I've just had about half a cup of coffee or a can of soda.

I'm no longer worthless on weekends, which is also great! Yesterday we ran around and did a bunch of errands. We finally picked up Dan's birthday cuff links, I got a new phone (finally a smart phone!), I got my first maternity pants, and we spent some time at the Sawdust Festival and saw Mom's booth. Today, while Dan was at softball, I got some laundry done, cleaned up the kitchen, and started decorating for Christmas. It's so nice to do something besides lay on the couch in front of the TV feeling sick all weekend.

I got our Christmas cards in the mail on Friday. They look sooo good! The timing has worked out so well to use them as an announcement of our pregnancy. I'll post a picture soon. I can't wait to mail them out Wednesday morning and let everybody know. Dan and I generally aren't Christmas picture card people unless there are kids involved, which explains the reason I didn't include our heads in the picture. Dan's only sending cards to his parents. It's "not his style." When I got them in the mail I told him he better not look at them; they're so cute that he might change his mind!

My appetite is still really small. Today I wasn't even hungry for snacks in between meals. For the most part, I'm eating healthfully with a few treats here and there. I still have only gained 2 pounds and am really happy that I've been able to keep that low through the first trimester. I've read that starting soon (now?) I'll gain a pound a week. Hopefully I'll be able to start walking and lifting light weights soon to keep some muscle tone throughout the pregnancy.


Monday, December 6, 2010 ~ I'm just starting to feel different in the womb-region today. I was wondering when that would happen. It finally feels like there's something down there.

Despite being able to eat more, I'm so gaggy! I gag so much more now than I did when I was nauseated all of the time and it's getting really annoying! Smells are really making me gag and sometimes I have no idea why, I just gag.

I've been wanting a lot of fruit, which is unusual for me. I'm usually more of a veggie person. I wish I was craving protein because I don't generally eat a lot and I've read that I should be eating more than normal. I've been trying to eat hard boiled eggs and chicken as much as possible, as well as a little cheese here and there. Beans and beef are too hard to digest but I'm going to try to incorporate beef occasionally because I know it's a very good source of protein. I'm glad that my body will give up what it needs to support the baby. It's only fair, right?

I'm telling you, I definitely already have pregnancy brain. Earlier in this post I typed "semester" instead of trimester and just now I typed that beef is a good source of fiber instead of protein. Today when sixth period was leaving I told them to have a good weekend. That's just a few examples; things like this are happening VERY regularly. I'm losing my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment