Sunday, December 19, 2010

Week 15: December 19-25

The baby is now the size of a navel orange, approximately 4 inches long and weighs about 2.5 ounces. Hair on her eyebrows and head is growing and her legs are now longer than her arms. All four limbs have working joints now, too. Her bones are hardening and retaining calcium. Although her eyelids are still fused together, she can now sense light.

Sunday, December 19, 2010 ~ I don't think I mentioned it but at my appointment on Tuesday I asked the doctor about my small appetite. He said not to worry, the baby is quite a good parasite. I have been joking about it all week and woke up feeling the effects of a parasite growing in my body. I don't think I had enough water yesterday and also could have probably eaten more. I woke up feeling like I was getting a cold but after a few glasses of water and a meal, I felt much better and just had a headache to contend with.

Yesterday I finally got some exercise. I went for a 3 mile walk and actually jogged for 6 blocks. Right away my knees were screaming at me and after about 5 blocks, my leg muscles said they were done so I walked the rest. I'm looking forward to doing some upper body weights over my break to get some definition back in my arms.

I might be getting my appetite back although it's only been two days so we'll have to wait and see. Yesterday I had an amazing petite filet at Seasons 52 with Jess. I think I'm lacking protein or iron because red meat has been far more appealing than normal lately. Jessica got the baby her first gift and I started crying at the table - the cutest little duck pajamas, wash clothes, and a hooded towel. It definitely made this whole thing more real. We're going to have a little human that will fit in those pajamas in 6 months!

I don't think I mentioned that I've actually been cooking a little bit. It's nice to be able to eat a larger variety of foods, although I'm still more limited than before my pregnancy. I still can't stand the thought of bell peppers, which I don't understand.

I had a massage yesterday and when I laid on the table, it felt like the baby did a somersault or two to adjust. I can't be sure but I think I've felt the baby move several times over the last few weeks. Carrying the baby has been harder on my body than I expected but the most important thing to me is that she has a calm, healthy enviroment to live in for 9 months.


Tuesday, December 21, 2010 ~ Baby K must be going through a growth spurt or something because I am starving! I had a week at the beginning of the pregnancy during which nothing I ate filled me up: fat, protein, fiber, etc. I'm hoping I'm not going to experience that again because I gained a lot of weight that week (and subsequently lost most of it, but I don't see that happening at this point in the pregnancy). So far, I've been feeling this starvation for about a full day. This morning I'm trying fiber (oatmeal) and protein (peanut butter and milk). I think I'll make a beef chili for dinner to try to increase the protein even more. I'm still very weary of whole grain bread because it made me so sick earlier on but I know I should try to incorporate it back into my diet soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment