Friday, August 12, 2011

Phew...

...it's been a long week. Until yesterday afternoon, Nate had been having a pretty difficult time napping. It was next to impossible to get him to sleep during the day and when he did fall asleep, he only slept for a short time. For example, throughout the day on Wednesday he slept 26 min, 25 min, 15 min, and 15 min, and that's it! He has also been difficult to get to sleep at night most nights for about a week and I think it's because of the lack of sleep during the day. Today he napped much better but was still difficult to get to sleep tonight, although not as difficult as he has been a few days this week. I'm hoping we're over the hump.

Not sure if I've mentioned it but I'm taking a month of Family Leave and will go back to work at the beginning of October. I wanted to work on the first day of school to set a precedent and introduce myself to my students but the district won't let me; not exactly sure why. I've gone in twice in the last week and a half to prepare for the substitute and will need to go in one more time next week. It has been kinda nice to use my brain in a capacity other than talking about poop, burps, and Nate holding his head up, but I miss him so much when I'm away!

The official, educational meetings of my New Mom's Group will be over in two weeks but we have plans to stay in contact, meeting at least twice a month from here forward. Tomorrow Dan and I are going out to dinner with one of the other Moms, her baby, and her significant other. I can't even begin to describe how much more sane I feel when I'm around these ladies!

Ok I think this is going to have to be a short one. I've now corrected several spelling errors and I'm pretty tired so I think I'll go to bed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment