Friday, August 5, 2011

"How Could I Forget?" She Says With a Smirk on Her Face

Rima was over on Wednesday and mentioned that she hadn't seen a blog post in a whle. I had completely forgotten about my blog! How could I possibly forget? Yeah right, you all know how it's possible. I have set a reminder on my phone to blog on Friday evenings.

Here's a rundown of my last hour - tag team Nate with Dan after Dan rocked him to sleep to get him swaddle in his pack and play so that he doesn't wake up; have frozen waffles and milk for dinner at 9 pm; quickly search online for the baby monitor manual because I don't want to waste the time finding it in the many piles that have accumulated around the house; pound a large glass of water because I realized I haven't had nearly enough today; get the baby monitor in our room so that I can hear Nate despite the dryer running; start typing a new entry here. And it's past my new bedtime (9:30 pm) so this is going to have to be quick!

Nate had his two month appointment today. He weighs 13 pounds 12 ounces (90th percentile) and is 23.25 inches long (75th percentile). I think he's actually longer; the nurse didn't really stretch him out all the way like the other nurses have in the past. The doctor was again impressed with how talkative he is and was really enjoying his coos. She checked his neck strength by putting him on his belly and seeing how much he raised his head. She said for his age, he should be able to lift his head to 45 degrees and that he was already almost to 90 degrees. That's my boy! We got some suggestions for dry skin, medications to have around the house, etc and then Nate got his shots. I've never heard him scream the way he did when he got his shots. I had leaned over to shush into his ear because he was already aggravated when the nurse was wiping the alcohol on his thigh so I didn't see when she gave him the injections but I could tell by his wail each time she did it. He had three shots and an oral fluid. I actually started crying a little because it pained me to see and hear him but he calmed down quickly and fell asleep fairly shortly afterward. I took him on a walk with one of the ladies from my Mommy group because I wanted to make sure he got a good nap in but it turns out I didn't need to; he continued to sleep when we got home for a total naptime of 3 hours and took another 3 hour nap in the afternoon. When he was awake, he was quicker to fuss and cried easier but I was able to soothe him each time. He ate really well at 7:30 pm, had a good, calm bath, and went to bed fairly quickly.

About a week and a half ago, we had three days where Nate went 6 hours between feedings at night. It was quite marvelous! I think I actually got a 4 hour stretch of sleep one night. The last 2-3 nights he's had a decent stretch at first (4-5 hours) but then wakes up every 3 hours afterward. Of course, he goes to bed pretty early so that first long stretch equates to only about 2.5-3 hours of sleep for me and then by the time he eats, the remaining 3 hour stretches are 2.5 hours at most. I think last night I got about 6 hours in three-2 hour intervals. I have commented that I was surprised how well I've dealt with the lack of sleep however it is definitely starting to get to me.

We have regressed a little bit with breastfeeding but the details are boring so I'll spare you. I feel confident that we've figured it out with the help of Hoag's Baby Line and hope that he will be back to being a champion eater very shortly.

I am continuing to enjoy being a part of the New Mom's Group and can't believe how much more sane I feel when I am with the ladies. We've attended a baby communication class, a parent movie morning, gone to the mall, and had many lunches together. Monday we are attending a milestones class and Wednesday we're going to the movies again.

I'm going to sign off now so that I can wash my face and go to bed. My poor teeth have suffered in the last two months. My dentist was so impressed with my 8-month-pregnant-teeth because I flossed every day but not so much anymore!

Oh, and please ignore typos from now on; I don't have the energy, time, or desire to proofread.

No comments:

Post a Comment