Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh, Sweet, Sweet Sleep!

Well, I missed a Friday. My reminder went off when I was already in bed. I've been trying to get to bed earlier so that I'm not as tired. Last night I went to bed at 9 pm and was allowed to sleep until... 2:30 am!!! That is definitely the longest stretch of sleep I've gotten in the last 11 weeks. Nate went 7 hours between feedings!!! Now, I should delete some of those exclamation points because I know that the more excited I get, the less likely it is to happen again anytime soon. Of course, when he was done eating, burping, and changing at 3 am I couldn't fall asleep for a couple hours. Why does my body do this to me? I don't get it!

Nate is averaging about 14.5 hours of sleep per day and everything I read says he should get 14-16 hours. He's fairly consistently been taking one good nap per day but is still struggling to sleep longer than 30 minutes for the rest of his naps. If I'm home in the afternoon and the timing works out, I have been using The Five S's to get him down for a nap around 3 pm and he's been sleeping a good 2-3 hours. He's still taking a little while to get to sleep at night but most nights he's asleep by 9 pm so I can't complain. Everything I've read says his bedtime will move up to around 8 pm (or even a little earlier) within the next couple months.

We're getting more and more smiles and coos. Alright, he's calling my name so I've gotta run. More later?

No comments:

Post a Comment