Saturday, March 10, 2012

Finger Foods

Nate got the go ahead from the doctor to start eating table foods and finger foods at his 9 month appointment. I've given him Joe's O's (Trader Joe's version of Cheerios) a few times and today he actually put one in his mouth and ate it! I'm looking forward to giving him peas tomorrow. He's tried some very overcooked spaghetti, too. I'm looking forward to giving him some ground meat (turkey or beef) and diced up veggies and fruit. I purchased some pouches of premade meals to get an idea of what they should look like, size-wise, and then I will start making him some meals myself or doing variations on whatever we're eating. Today I tried giving him a small spoonful of cottage cheese and he immediately started gagging then ended up throwing up the apples that he had eaten prior to it. I'm certain that it was the texture that threw him off because he never swallowed any of it. Maybe we'll try Ricotta instead!

He is continually becoming more independent. Yesterday we were playing on the couch and there was a bottle with a little milk left in it nearby. He rolled off of me, over onto his stomach, grabbed the bottle, rolled onto his back, and then drank it. I was pretty impressed! I'm also still really in awe of his development. He is always trying to find a new way to make Sophie the Giraffe squeak and it's so cute. Sometimes he'll bend her neck, sometimes he'll pound her on the ground.

Nate's 9 month appointment was pretty uneventful. Monday morning he woke up sounding very wheasy so I started breathing treatments right away that morning and night and Tuesday morning. We saw the doctor Tuesday afternoon and she said his lungs sounded clear but if I thought he needed the treatments, we could continue with them. He's had one a day since then except for today and he sounded wheasy again when I put him to bed tonight so I think we need to keep it up a bit longer. Nate is over the 95th percentile for height and around the 85th percentile for weight. He is developing as expected. He got the last of his Hepatitis vaccinations and once again, barely even flinched when it was injected.

I guess that's it for now! Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment