Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 25: February 27-March 5


Baby is now the size of an eggplant, approximately 13.5 inches and a little over a pound and a half. Equilibrium is kicking in and baby's learning to distinguish right side up from upside down, which I'm beginning to notice if I roll from side to side at night as baby seems to move to adjust. Baby is becoming more dexterous and grabbing her feet or sucking her thumb. Baby is also beginning to prefer her left or right hand already.

Sunday, February 27, 2011 ~ Two nights ago I noticed more sweeping motions as opposed to kicking and jabbing. Today my belly was having some earthquakes as baby moved around. I still don't get tired of watching and feel like I could do it for hours.

I called the doctor on Friday to find out if they had my glucose tolerance results but they didn't. The receptionist expects to have them tomorrow. I'm also a little anxious to see the doctor on Thursday to discuss baby's kidney and have an ultrasound to make sure everything's okay.

Exercise has been on the backburner a bit over the last couple weeks. Between tons of appointments and rain, I've only walked about 8-10 miles each week and have only done weights once in three weeks. I've done yoga two of the three Saturdays but of course had to miss it a week ago because of my blood test. I think I've gained more weight over the last three weeks than I had in any previous weeks but I'm around 14-15 pounds total weight gain so I'm still doing really well.

My energy is waning despite sleeping more; I think it's only going to continue to decrease. When I see the doctor on Thursday I'm going to ask about when I will stop working. Based on how difficult it is to be on my feet already, I'm hoping he'll pull me at 36 weeks.

I'm continuing to get a bloody nose about once a week and Dan told me that I was snoring when he came to bed a few nights ago. Lovely pregnancy side effects! My body is also reacting to sodium more extremly. A few days ago I gained two pounds of sodium bloat overnight. As long as the bloating and puffiness goes away within a day, I'm not in danger of preeclampsia though. I just ate way too much sodium and need to watch out for it more. I think towards the end of the pregnancy I may not be able to eat at restaurants at all without becoming a puffy marshmallow. Oh, another funny thing is pregnancy brain - today I put laundry detergent in the fabric softener ball and consistently do thoughtless things like that.

We got a lot of financial "stuff" done last week. We finally started investing again after switching to my new school district, inquired about refinancing the condo loan (although that's not going to be worthwhile), started baby's college fund, and explored our life insurance options. The next task is looking into daycare options. We have an appointment tomorrow evening. The challenge will be to find somebody who caters to teachers and offers daycare during the school months only.


Thursday, March 3, 2011 ~ Baby and I had a good doctor's appointment today. The doctor clarified the results of our last ultrasound. When the report said the baby's kidney was dilated, he called a high risk baby doctor who told him that his normal range was larger than the normal range that the ultrasound place uses and our baby's kidney size falls inside of it. So he's still going to have us go back for an ultrasound in three weeks just to be safe but we really need not worry.

Baby's heartbeat is really strong and it never gets old hearing it. My fundal height is still measuring 3 weeks ahead. He said it's a good sign that I'm having Braxton-Hicks contractions; my body is getting ready for labor. And I mentioned that I've had a little bit of pain when I exercise, which seems like muscle or ligament pain to me, and he agreed. Lastly, I asked when I will be signed out of work so that I can start looking for a substitute and he said 36 weeks, exactly what I was hoping for.

I left the appointment feeling really good and met Dan at the Harborside Restaurant for OC Restaurant week. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment