Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We've Got a Sucker!


Nate has definitely become a sucker, and very quickly! On Monday I noticed him sucking on his fists at times when he probably wasn't hungry. And he found his thumb again and sucked it for quite a while. Tuesday at the doctor's office I asked if I should let him suck his thumb or introduce a pacifier; she said the pacifier is far better because you can take it away, however some kids suck their thumb until they're 4 or 5 years old and end up having dental problems. Nate fell asleep with the pacifier last night and took it late this afternoon for a nap, also.

On Sunday, Nate's eye got crusty after he slept and on Monday, it was crusty several times with yellow mucous and he was stuffed up, which prompted the doctor's appointment on Tuesday. The doctor said that his chest isn't congested and he doesn't have an ear infection but she gave us a prescription for eye drops. His eye is a thousand times better today. He's still congested but looking much better than on Monday.

We took a baby massage class today. I learned some strokes that will help with digestion and gas. Also, massage is a great thing to include in a daily bedtime routine. I've read that we should have a well established routine in place by the time Nate's 3 months old. Nate's not on any kind of feeding schedule yet and isn't expected to be for a while but I figure we can do the massage whenever he's done eating each night and hopefully that will signal bedtime for him after a short while.

Tomorrow I'm starting a New Mom's Group, which I'm really excited about. It's an 8 week program and is intended to be instructional but is also meant to help build lifelong connections. I'll write more about it after tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment